- Melt butter in a large saucepan or dutch oven over medium heat.
- Add leek, salt and pepper and cook, covered, until very soft, about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add garlic and curry powder and cook for another minute.
- Add vegetable stock and pumpkin puree and mix well.
- Bring to a boil, cover and turn down the heat. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Remove soup from the heat and add goat cheese.
- Puree soup in a food processor, blender or with an immersion blender.
- You may need to puree the soup in batches.
- Make sure to vent the food processor or blender while processing.
- Return the soup to the pot. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper if necessary.
- Serve warm.
- 4 oz. goat cheese (chevre)
- 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 leek, washed and sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 tsp. sweet curry powder
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 2 cups pumpkin puree
Optional Garnish: Thin additional goat cheese with milk until it is the consistency of whipped cream. Place a dollop of goat cheese in the center of each bowl before serving.
Note: Do not boil the soup once the goat cheese has been added. You may make the soup a couple of days ahead of time, up to the point that the goat cheese is added. To finish soup, bring to a boil, then add goat cheese and continue with the recipe. Finished soup may be re-heated gently to desired temperature.