- Mix softened goat cheese with lavender in small bowl and set aside.
- Chop dried cherries into small pieces and combine with honey, compress and set aside.
- Retrieve goat cheese/lavender mixture and roll cheese into two equal balls.
- Slightly flatten balls and place on top of each an equally divided amount of cherry/honey mixture.
- Add lavender sprigs for garnish.
- Chill if not serving immediately. Will keep for one week in refrigerator.
These cookies are based on a recipe for Italian ricotta cookies. They are cakey and light, and made without eggs. They are also quick to make and you can get the whole family involved. They are wonderful with chocolate, orange or lemon icing, and increase the citrus flavor by adding the zest of one orange or lemon to the batter. Use your imagination!