Video about Lucky Penny Creamery's Delectable Cajeta
- Heat oil or butter in a skillet over medium heat and add onions.
- Add salt so that onions will 'sweat.'
- Cook until onions are translucent, stirring occasionally.
- Add sausage, breaking up with the back of a spoon into very small pieces.
- When the sausage had just lost its pink color, add the apples. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the apples are crisp-tender.
- Remove the pan from the heat.
- Stir in the honey and the goat cheese, stirring to thoroughly mix.
- Fill tart shells with mixture and serve warm.